Welcome to the 2023-2024 School Year here at Corvallis Middle School STEAM Magnet.
My name is Mr. Chris Ballesteros & I will be your child's 7th grade Social Science teacher. I am proud to say that I have been an active educator at Corvallis since 1999, teaching 7th grade World History as well as 8th grade U.S. History. My educational background includes twelve years of attending private school. I also earned my Bachelor's degree in History as well as my teaching credential from California State University, Long Beach (CSULB).
This year, 7th grade students will learn about the following units of study in World History: The Fall of Rome, the rise & spread of Islam, West African empires, ancient China & Japan, medieval Europe, the Renaissance & the Early Americas (Mayans, Aztecs, Incas).
Parents and guardians are strongly encouraged to review the Red Parent Resources Folder for this specific class period located inside Schoology on your child's district iPad. It contains detailed information about class policies such as grading and homework. In addition, parents & guardians should routinely check the Powerschool Parent Portal for updates regarding the current status of their child's grade & whether or not they are submitting assignments on Schoology.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at [email protected]
. I look forward to working with you & your child and I hope that he or she will enjoy my class.
RECOMMENDED SCHOOL SUPPLIES
1. Pack of PENS (Black or blue colors only!)
2. Pack of PENCILS (with a sharpener and/or extra lead)
3. Several packs/reams of lined PAPER (college or wide ruled) - for homework and class assignments
4. At least TWO 1-subject NOTEBOOKS (college or wide ruled) - for taking Notes
5. COLORED MARKERS - for homework & art assignments
6. COLORED PENCILS or CRAYONS - for homework & art assignments